Event Technology Specialist Opportunities
Location: Woburn, MA or Denver, CO
Details:Full Time, Hourly Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Event Technology Specialist will operate as part of a team to ensure a high equality product for clients. To excel in this role, you must be a driven, self-motivated worker who leverages their knowledge virtual and in-person event technology to produce outstanding results.
- Set up, operate, and strike various video, audio, and lighting systems
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of signal flow, switchers, A/V networking (including Dante), digital audio consoles, LED lighting fixtures, and lighting control consoles.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of virtual tools such as vMix, LiveMind, and Zoom
- Work with sales team, Project Managers, clients, and crew as needed to help design systems for various spaces
- Working virtual and in person events from AVFX studios and on-site locations
- Responsible for packing and setting up events; this includes moving gear in and out of the warehouse and venues
- Comply with all established procedures and regulations of the industry
- Keep warehouse storage areas neat and organized
- Submit expense reports within 48 hours of show completion
- Attended industry-related meetings, classes, and/or tradeshows to expand your knowledge base, when time permits
- Assisting Quality Control Department in testing and sending out gear for repair, performing in house repairs when possible
- Properly clean and sanitize all returning equipment
- Adhere to safety protocols in-office and on-site
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned by supervisor and/or management
Skills & Proficiencies
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize competing priorities
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and work under pressure
- Ability to collaborate as a part of a team
- Self-motivated worker and learner
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Familiarity with vMix, and online event platforms, such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience working in the event technology and production services industry, with a concentration in corporate events and/or trade shows a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly and unassisted
- Familiar with safe rigging practices.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- OSHA 10 certification required
- Experience with vMix is a plus.
- Experience with VectorWorks is a plus
- Frequent travel to off-site and out-of-state locations
- Occasional international travel
- Frequent evenings and weekends
How To Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and position-related inquiries to Amanda Bridge at firstname.lastname@example.org