Send cover letter, resume, and position-related inquiries to Jessica Escott firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1981, AVFX is an event technology company based in Boston that provides the technical infrastructure for in-person and virtual corporate events, meetings, and trade show exhibits across North America and around the globe. We are dedicated to the highest standards in the industry, with a reputation for exceeding client expectations.
At AVFX, we are proud of our technical skills, the quality of our services, and our commitment to our customers. Fostering a supportive team environment that encourages employee development, we provide every employee the opportunity to excel in their field.
AVFX is looking for a video editor/motion graphics artist. The editor will work on a variety of projects that are primarily focused in the live and virtual event space. This role requires someone creative and collaborative in their approach, while being able to work with business teams to conceptualize, edit/animate, and ultimately deliver a product that will make our client happy.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- Manage all technical aspects of video and animation editing
- Familiarity with video format outputs and codecs
- Ability to work, make creative decisions, and execute a client’s vision independently
- Ability to see a project through from start to finish, working collaboratively across client and project teams to ensure a smooth production process
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation of finalized videos according to deliverable specifications
- Work with project managers, technical producers, and clients to identify the scope of work and develop media budgets
- Strong communication skills in both client-facing and internal settings
- Participate in the client review process
- Manage time efficiently and be able to work on many projects simultaneously, while still ensuring all deadlines are met
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest design and video/motion graphics techniques
- Adhere to COVID-19 safety protocols when on-site
- Adobe After Effects (experience with Keylight. Element 3D and Stardust is a plus)
- Premiere Pro (experience with Ultra Key)
- Media Encoder
- Familiarity with 3D animation is a plus but not required
- Strong portfolio showcasing high-end digital design and video editing skills
- Collaborative work style
- Comfortable speaking with clients in a manner that exudes confidence in AVFX abilities
- 3-5 years of experience editing videos and/or designing motion graphics
- Full-time schedule during standard business hours
- Primarily an indoor, office environment with consideration of remote work status
Full-Time Employee Benefits
We offer one of the best compensation packages in the industry for full-time positions.
- Competitive salaries
- Low premium healthcare coverage for the employee and their family
- Dental benefits for the employee and their family
- Employer-sponsored Disability, Life, and Accident insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Profit-Sharing Contribution
- Generous paid time off program
AVFX is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.