To apply for this position submit your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1981, AVFX is an event technology company based in Boston that provides the technical infrastructure for in-person and virtual corporate events, meetings, and trade show exhibits across North America and around the globe. We are dedicated to the highest standards in the industry, with a reputation for exceeding client expectations.
At AVFX, we are proud of our technical skills, the quality of our services, and our commitment to our customers. Fostering a supportive team environment that encourages collaboration and employee development, we provide every employee the opportunity to excel in their field.
The Video Editor / Motion Graphic Artist will work on a variety of intermediate skill-level projects that are primarily focused on the live and virtual event space. This role requires someone creative and collaborative in their approach, who can work with business teams to conceptualize, edit/animate, and ultimately deliver a product that will make our clients happy.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- Manage all intermediary technical aspects of video and animation editing
- Complete assigned projects and make creative decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to see a project through from start to finish, working collaboratively across client and project teams to ensure a smooth production process
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation of finalized videos according to deliverable specifications
- Participate in the client review process
- Manage time efficiently and work on many projects simultaneously, while still ensuring all deadlines are met
- Eager to expand knowledge of design and video/motion graphics techniques
- Strong communication skills in both client-facing and internal settings
- Familiarity with video format outputs and codecs
- Adhere to all health and safety protocols when on-site
- Adobe After Effects (experience with Keylight; Element 3D and Stardust is a plus)
- Premiere Pro (experience with Ultra Key)
- Media Encoder
- Familiarity with 3D animation is a plus but not required
- 3 years of experience editing videos and/or designing motion graphics
- Portfolio showcasing digital design and video editing skills
- Collaborative work style
- Comfortable speaking with clients in a manner that exudes confidence in AVFX abilities
- Full-time schedule during standard business hours
- Primarily an indoor, office environment with consideration of remote work status
- Highly subsidized health insurance plan
- Employer-sponsored Dental, Disability, Life, and Accident insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) and employer profit sharing contribution
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
AVFX is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.