Full Time, Exempt + Commission
Send cover letter, resume, and position-related inquiries to Jessica Escott firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1981, AVFX is an event technology company based in Boston that provides the technical infrastructure for in-person and virtual corporate events, meetings, and trade show exhibits across North America and around the globe. We are dedicated to the highest standards in the industry, with a reputation for exceeding client expectations.
At AVFX, we are proud of our technical skills, the quality of our services, and our commitment to our customers. Fostering a supportive team environment that encourages employee development, we provide every employee the opportunity to excel in their field.
AVFX is seeking an experienced, driven Sales Representative to join our team. This role requires a minimum of 5 years experience selling event-related services, ideally technology solutions, in the corporate events industry. The ideal candidate excels at generating leads and developing a strong rapport with prospective clients. The Sales Representative will thrive in an independent work environment, as well as be an effective and high-contributing member of a team. This position will collaborate with our business development / marketing and client services managers to build, track, and follow-up on leads as they lead towards sales. Deep knowledge of corporate events, audio-visual, and event technologies is a must.
- Source new accounts through existing relationships and marketing campaigns.
- Drive a high level of pipeline activity.
- Meet and exceed revenue targets through new account development and account retention.
- Work with Technical Producers to deliver project proposals that exceed expectations.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
Skills and Proficiencies
- Agile and self-motivated independent worker
- Innovative and resourceful problem-solver
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective clients
- Proven ability to meet and exceed revenue targets
- Proven record of successfully managing client relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- 5+ years of event / technology related sales experience
- Knowledge of the event technologies and production services is required
- Experience with Salesforce and WordPress a plus
- Full-time schedule during standard business hours
- Primarily an indoor, office environment
- Occasional travel to off-site and out-of-state locations
Full-Time Employee Benefits
We offer one of the best compensation packages in the industry for full-time positions.
- Competitive salaries
- Low premium healthcare coverage for the employee and their family
- Dental benefits for the employee and their family
- Employer-sponsored Disability, Life, and Accident insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Profit-Sharing Contribution
- Generous paid time off program
AVFX is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.