The events industry has been hurt by the pandemic shutdowns and many talented people are suffering.
On September 1st, a coalition of businesses, unions, and live events workers lit their venues, homes, and cities red in over 1,500 locations across North America to raise public and media awareness in support of the live events sector.
The collective images on social media are all about raising awareness in support of our industry and workers. Please take a minute to share and help spread the word.
- Live events employ over 12 million people.
- Live events contribute over $1 trillion annually to the US economy.
- 95% of live events have been canceled due to COVID-19.
- 96% of companies have cut staff and/or wages.
- 77% of people in the live events industry have lost 100% of their income, including 97% of 1099 workers.
AVFX is proud to sound the #RedAlertRestart with industry partners, clients, and affiliates to support the movement. Join us by sharing our social images or forwarding this to friends and family.