Full Time, Non-Exempt—Wheat Ridge, CO
Send cover letter, resume, and position-related inquiries to email@example.com
AVFX is an event technology company that provides the technical infrastructure for in-person and virtual corporate events, meetings, and trade show exhibits. With locations in Boston and Denver, we serve clients across North America and around the globe. We are dedicated to the highest standards in the industry, with a reputation for exceeding client expectations.
At AVFX, we are proud of our technical skills, the quality of our services, and our commitment to our customers. Fostering a supportive team environment that encourages collaboration and employee development, we provide every employee the opportunity to excel in their field.
The Logistics Coordinator is part of the Operations team at CEAVCO, an AVFX company. This role oversees all facets of the equipment inventory, including new equipment, managing conflicts, rentals, and working with the QC tech to identify repairs needed. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for updating the inventory software with the changing status of our inventory and must know the current location of our equipment at all times. In addition, they are responsible for helping book the long-distance transportation of equipment. The Logistics Coordinator must take a collaborative approach to their work and excel at interpersonal communication. This position reports to the Managing Director.
Monitor Inventory Software System for Conflicts:
- Work with department heads and Technical Producers to make substitutions with other pieces of AVFX owned equipment as needed.
- Rent equipment when appropriate.
Manage Gear Rentals:
- Maintain relationships with equipment vendors.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure gear rentals fit within show budget (this requires frequent price negotiations with vendors)
- Provide rental cost estimates information to Project Managers on a deadline, ensuring proposals are delivered to clients promptly.
- Write Purchase Orders for all rentals.
Add New Equipment to Inventory and Job Sheet:
- Assign Barcode Number.
- Adhere to established naming conformities within the equipment inventory system.
Manage Gear Repair Process:
- Work with QC Technician to ensure all gear in triage has been tested.
- Manage “Out for Repair” and “History” fields in the inventory system.
Coordinate Shipping, via FedEx, UPS, Pilot Freight, etc.:
- Maintain shipping log.
- Enter costs of shipments into job sheets, when applicable.
- Work with warehouse staff to carefully package and ship equipment.
- Produce commercial invoices, when required.
- Complete all shipping paperwork
- Confirm that our on-site technicians have all the required information needed to complete Bill of Lading form(s); shipments can often arrive from one destination to a venue but leave the venue to several outbound locations.
- Work with Labor Coordinator to coordinate full and partial truck shipments to and from venues; shipments can be long-distance or local.
- Coordinate with freight companies to ensure adequate space on trucks for our equipment; packing restrictions may require a larger truck.
- Some shipments will be contracted directly by AVFX, some will be contracted by the client.
- Communicate in-coming and out-going shipping information to onsite technicians.
- Coordinate with drivers on transportation logistics.
Answer and direct income calls on the main phone line, as needed.
Other projects and duties as assigned by supervisor and/or management.
Skills & Proficiencies
- Self-motivated, independent worker
- Adept at problem-solving
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Superior attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Ability to prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Competency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- 3 years of logistics coordination and/or inventory management experience preferred
- Experience in the event technologies/production services industry is a plus
- Full-time schedule during standard business hours
- Early morning and late evening availability is required
- Affordable health insurance plan
- Employer-sponsored Dental, Disability, Life, and Accident insurance
- Voluntary Vision, Life, and Accident insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- Daycare assistance
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) and employer profit sharing contribution
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $24 – 27/hour
AVFX is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.