Warehouse Technician & Driver
Location: Boston, MA
Details: Full-Time, Hourly Non-Exempt
Perform daily operations contributing to the AVFX warehouse and transportation of equipment.
Warehouse Technician & Driver reports to the Warehouse Manager This position functions as a member of a team including the Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Technicians, AV Technicians, and operations team, to ensure warehouse operations are running smoothly and equipment is getting to and from job sites in a timely and orderly fashion. You will be responsible for operating the trucking fleet, consisting of (1) cargo van, (1) 16’ box truck, (1) 22’ box truck, and (1) 24’ box truck. All trucks are non-CDL and have a maximum height of 12’-6”.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and DOT medical card.
- Drive van, 16’, and 24’ trucks, with a capacity of less than 26,000 pounds GVW, to deliver and/or pick up equipment, packages, merchandise, employees, and other goods.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of vehicles.
- General upkeep of trucks and van – keep interior and exterior clean.
- Fill trucks/vans with fuel and submit all receipts for reconciliation.
- Abide by all laws and rules of the road.
- Arrive on time.
- Unpack returned gear, open cases, and check that all gear has appropriate items in cases.
- Ensure the warehouse is neat and orderly.
- All gear must be checked in and out utilizing IntelliEvent Lightning inventory system.
- Assist with the dismantling of equipment on job sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current, valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Willing to drive, and experience driving, non-CDL trucks up to 26’ / GVW 26,000lbs.
- Must have the ability to multi task.
- Willing to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with the cities of Boston, Cambridge and surrounding areas.
- Position requires heavy lifting – must be able to consistently lift 50lbs unassisted.
- Position requires physical demands including bending, kneeling, squatting, walking, and sitting for extended periods. Will need to be able to climb in and out of trucks.
- Occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Must maintain a professional appearance.
- Industry experience a plus.
- Class B CDL is not required but is a plus.
- Familiarity with IntelliEvent Lightning a plus.
- Highly subsidized health and dental insurance plans
- Employer sponsored Disability, Life, and Accident insurance
- Voluntary Vision, Life, and Accident insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) and employer profit sharing contribution
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
How To Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and position-related inquiries to Connie Fisher at HR@avfx.com