AVFX is looking for a Human Resources Specialist to join a strong management team and help us shape the future of our business. Our company is growing steadily and needs a strong HR Department to manage benefits, payroll, and day-to-day employee relations aspects of the business. This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic company and play a critical role in its growth. This is not just a job, but a tremendous career opportunity.
The ideal candidate needs to have:
- A strong collaborative nature.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to function independently.
- The vision to develop strategies to help grow this business.
Become a key part of the front office with responsibilities for all HR-related functions:
- Serves as the point person for benefits, payroll, and day-to-day employee relations.
- Main point of contact for daily communications with payroll provider.
- Processes payroll for all full time and part time employees.
- Assists in the drafting of job descriptions, assists with offer letters, and in the creation of other position-related materials for new and existing employees.
- On-boards all new full and part time employees through online system.
- Creates and consistently maintains permanent and electronic employee records within HRIS system and internal files.
- Implements and maintains employee policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Continually updates and distributes company employee manuals – both full-time and part-time – staying up-to-date with all current laws, procedures, company regulations, etc.
- Works closely with management to promote best practices across all functions, i.e. employee relations, benefits, compensation, performance, company culture.
- Generates custom reports as needed for departments using HRIS data.
- Oversees administration of Time & Attendance System.
- Oversees various HR training programs for employees.
- Provides other support as needed to company members, i.e. General Manager, Production Manager, Financial Controller, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree with proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in HR and Benefits analysis and planning.
- Demonstrated success managing priorities and deadlines in a high-volume/fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- An independent spirit that thrives in a demanding, fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Highly professional approach interacting with vendors and co-workers.
- Ability to hands-on manage day-to-day HR activities, multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Experience in the audio visual (AV) industry is not required nor expected.
Founded in 1981, AVFX is an Event Technology Services and Staging Company based in Boston. Our company provides the technical infrastructure for corporate events, meetings, and trade show exhibits across North America, and around the globe. Our company is dedicated to the highest standards in the industry, with a reputation for exceeding client expectations.
Our corporate culture is built on an open, collaborative environment. We value our employees and reward loyalty. We have successfully retained a staff of talented people. We collaborate with other companies as trusted partners.
- ~50 full-time employees; 200+ part-time employees in a multi-state environment.
- Established, profitable business.
- Solid customer base.
- Consistent growth curve.
- Located in Boston (Allston/Brighton not far from Harvard Square).
Great benefits (i.e. health and dental insurance, profit sharing, etc.). Salary will be commensurate with experience.
We will not compensate candidates for relocation.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.