AVFX is always looking for the best audio visual staging experts in the business for full-time and freelance positions in the Boston area and around the country. If you know AV, get to know AVFX Boston.
Full Time Positions
Entry-Level IT / Computer Technician
AVFX has a full-time job opening for an Entry-Level IT / Computer Technician in our Boston office. The candidate we select will report to and integrate closely with the IT manager. This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic company and play a critical role in its growth. This is not just a job, but a tremendous career opportunity.
The ideal candidate needs to have:
- A strong collaborative nature.
- An inherently outgoing, “fix – It” kind of spirit.
- An internal focus on reliability, punctuality and commitment.
We are only accepting applications from local Boston-area residents.
Become a key part of our IT Team with responsibilities for technology set-up and support:
- Internalize the goals and requirements of the IT manager.
- Prepare PC’s, Macs, iPads and other computer equipment used to provide our services.
- Support of desktop and network systems at the AVFX facility.
Applicant must have:
- Related work or educational experience is required.
- Experience with and knowledge of networking, email/Internet configuration on Windows and Mac OS.
- Hands-on experience and thorough knowledge of PC and Mac hardware.
- Server experience is a plus.
- Applicant must be professional and well organized.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are needed.
- Ability to integrate with staff and clients in a demanding, fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to manage day-to-day activities, multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Experience in the audio visual (AV) industry is not required nor expected.
- Highly professional approach interacting with clients and co-workers.
- ~40 employees.
- Established, profitable business.
- Solid customer base.
- Consistent growth curve.
- Located in Brighton, MA not far from Harvard Square.
Boston-Area Freelance Positions
Please consider sending your resume to Shawn Carey at AVFX or email Jobs@AVFX.com.
National Freelance Positions
AVFX frequently contracts with freelance techs for projects in New England and across the nation.
We seek individuals with the following skills:
- Video Projectionist/Video Engineer with all related video skills.
- Tradeshow Techs experienced with Plasma screens, LCD screens and computer skills.
- Computer Ops & Networking (PowerPoint a real plus).
- Audio Engineer (A1 & A2).
- Lighting Techs (L1 & L2).
- Stage Technicians (to help with set ups and dismantles).
The ability to interface well with clients and team member is critical. Professionalism, punctuality and appearance are basic requirements for all team members.
Please consider sending your resume to Shawn Carey at AVFX or email Jobs@avfx.com
We offer one of the best compensation packages in the industry for full-time positions.
- Competitive salaries
- HMO healthcare coverage for the employee and their family
- Dental benefits for the employee and their family
- Profit-sharing and pension plan
- Childcare allowance
- Arts allowance